sections

Saturday, May 10, 2008

"letters"

its so foggy outside...
as i sit down by the fireplace....
i am reminded of the times gone by...
the warmth of the fire besides me....
is unable to shield me ....
from the cold memory....
i sip some coffee...and in my hand...
i hold the letters ..
reminescent of a fairly land....
so yellow have their pages become ...with the ink still afresh..
i can see the old faces in a flash...
smiling at me they swirl around my eyes...
shining bright ..in the evening twilight...
and as i leaf through the letters..
i can see...
the memories of an entire life...
staring at me...
i am all alone now...
and only the crackling of the burning wood..makes a sound...
i look back at my life ..once again...
a lot of things happened..
some good ..some in vain....
but....with each passing day...
they are getting old and fray...
and i still want to hold on...
maybe i could write them over ..
and bring back all around..

No comments: