sections

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

21st may 2008,Melbourne

Well last day in Melbourne.
Last day at kings gate hotel.
Another good bye.
Another farewell..though no one to really say good bye, but some times
Even non living things get attached to me..or rather I get attached to them.
After all I was with them for a full 2 days!
The TV,the room,the shower,etc etc…
No breakfast buffet meant that I would have to my breakfast in the taxi…I guess I forgot to mention
So with another indian student taxi driver, who was perhaps as new in Melbourne as I was as ,I headed off for my final meeting in Melbourne.
Chomping off on an apple and some iced coffee milk I reached the outskirts of Melbourne.
In the middle of an industrial area I found the factory where I was supposed to go.
A most unique thing about Australia is that you don’t have receptionist to greet you.
You walk in , you find a telephone with the extension list and you call the one you have come to meet.In the entire company there were not more than 10 people working!!
The director of the company got his own lunch, and after eating not only washed his own dish but mine as well.Can you ever imagine an MD in India doing that !!!
Well it was an interesting meeting as it turned out that my counterpart was a PhD!! Atleast 50 yrs old.So all I did for the next one hr was to listen to all highly research oriented terms which
Went over my head and I was left with no option but stand guard against the barrage of technical questions.It was like 300 spartans against the Persian army !!
So the meeting or rather the examination same to an end.
My next destination was Sydney.But my flight was at 9 pm and there were a good 8 hrs to go still.
Anyhow I bid farewell to my hosts and left.
Luckily they put me on the 3 pm flight and by 5 pm I was hovering over Sydney.
As I landed on Sydney I was greeted by cold weather and I boarded a taxi for my apartment.
But his time it was a chinese guy for the driver.
I reached the apartments only to find my colleagues yet to come , so I had to wait .
The best part of the entire trip was about to come.
The apt was on the 53rd floor!! With a balcony…
The feeling when cold air whizzes past ur air so high up and with all the lights of the city
Just below you is phenomenal and something I wont forget for a long time.

3 comments:

raghav said...

I am very happy that you have a blog of your own.

raghav said...

I loved that meeting part in Melbourne. It reminded me of our engg. days when couple of years of tech. fundas went over the head.

bhuvan said...

mr. rallen . thanks for the appreciation...but whats ur name?