sections

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Bike

My earliest memories of riding a motor cycle in pune was when udit,my room mate, bought his passion when we were in the second year. I still remember that night, it was pretty cold at night.

So we went on a long drive to a lot of places.I as usual went in my shorts, a decision I later regreeted, as not only it was quite cold, I also burnt my leg on the silencer!

At that point of time I didn’t really know how to ride a bike, which I learnt very soon, courtesy all the new bikes my friends had bought.

I still remember how I borrowed Himanshu’s bike to go and meet Hamu, my israeli friend .

Boy wasn’t that one adventurous night!!

But my wait was finally over in the summer of 2004 when I finally bought my CBZ!!

It was my good companion for all my remaining days in Pune.

I still remember the first female who adorned the bike!!

It was a foggy , rainy night…..quite romantic!

Soon to add to our collection was aditya’s bike , another CBZ , same colour.

The last time I rode a bike in pune was last year  , and the best part was that it was raining

All the time.Riding at night all friends together was something I remember a lot.

Don’t see that happening again offcourse.

So with pretty much everyone you know in college you have some great memory

To share and cherish , of where you went and what you did on your bike!!

 

 I finally sold off my bike before leaving for the US.

2 comments:

alokpradhan said...

bhuvan "bike" can only make to remember the samvedi bike rides..i use to be one of the dare devil to sit with him.if some body has to go along with samvedi the person is not very sure wheather he will come back without a single scratch on his body.iam sure few victims like vipul dewan would agree on this ponit.we all meet minor and major accidents on our bikes at some point of time in Bharati. infact we lost few of our friends which is stillundigestable.anyways let me reveal some facts.Nikhil(aka Baba)was very possesive for his MH-12BX6001 black pulser.i can still remember that day when Ankur kapoor(aka Ramu) had meet an accident and baba was so much worried about his bike instead of ramu.our best bike rides use to when we head towards Sighgard,tonni n vir da dhaba, lonavola or khandla,mahabalaswar and last but not the least the show called haunted house in pune.

bhuvan said...

haan yar you are right.....our bikes did hold a special place in our lives.