sections

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Treasure


Fading away with each passing day
In the twilight I see
this way on which I had once walked away
searching for a Treasure .....in some paradise it lay...

" It will be mine" ....my heart would always say.
On my Way I met several people ..a happy bunch were they...
A special someone gave me love..adored me like a heaven above.
I thought I had my treasure now.

But it was not to be ." This is not for you " said God to me.
Your Treasure lay in a heaven far far away.
Strive to reach it one day.

So I moved on again ... in Vain.
Till one day I found a valley of Gold And I was happy."
But this is not what you really want" God told.
So I moved on again in disdain, thinking I had lost so much.
I had neither love
Nor did i have the gold and I was growing old.

I remembered the people I met how we loved but....all eventually left
I remembered the riches i Lost.
Flashes of the past cross my vision as i trot.
My treasure lay somewhere else i thought.

" Son , All these were mere stopovers on a long journey ahead" God Said."
Your Treasure is what you have in your heart"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks familiar... :-?

bhuvan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dudette said...

Brilliant work!!
We generally compare what we have with what we don't have and in the process, lose what we are blessed with...